On June 8th, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has launched the Student Direct Stream (SDS).
This program is a commitment of IRCC in promoting Canada as a destination of choice for international students, available to students from China, India, Vietnam and the Philippines, with hope of expansion to Kenya and Senegal in a near future.
By applying for a study permit through this stream, students will benefit from faster processing times. Key criteria to qualify for SDS are:
- Being accepted at a Canadian learning institution that is designated to host international students;
- Upfront medical examination;
- Tuition payment for the first year of study and purchase of a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000;
- Getting at least a score of IELTS 6.0 (for English track), or 7 of TEF (for French track), or graduation from a Canadian-curriculum high school.
Students who do not have all of these additional requirements can apply through the regular study permit application process.
To learn more about SDS, visit the website: Get a study permit through the Student Direct Stream
Credit to: Canada Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City (Link: https://bit.ly/2My9aB8).
For more information, please contact The Education Company TEC:
- Floor 3, 28 Nguyen Thi Dieu, Ward 6, District 3
- (028) 2210 2126/7
- Floor 5, 144 Doi Can, Ba Dinh
- (024) 3766 4523/53
Or fill in the form below: