THE TEC UK SCHOOLS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2016
1. Who Can Join?
- Students aged 14+ and now studying in Years 8 – 12 in the Vietnamese system or at an international school and intending to apply to the UK for January or September 2017.
- You should be a “very good” student- GPA of at least 7.5 with 7.5+ in the core subjects and a good level of English- at least IELTS 5.0.
- We have offices in Hanoi and HCMC but we can accept registrations from students all over the country.
2. What if I am younger?
Younger students (minimum age 12) can apply but we cannot guarantee that schools will offer scholarships.
3. How much does it cost to join? It’s free to join
4. What benefits can I get?
- You can apply for a part scholarship at any of our wide range of UK high school, independent college and state college partners for 2017
- Your information remains “active” in our system for up to one year.
- You get regular updates of new opportunities – and a chance to meet school representatives at our events.
- We provide tests and interviews for you.
- You can make as many applications as you wish.
5. What’s the procedure for joining?
- Register online or by telephone, email or in person.
- If you live in or can visit Hanoi or HCMC you will need to bring us your most recent school report and any certificates of English proficiency, prizes awarded etc. If you live far away you can scan these documents initially and have a telephone interview with one of our English-speaking staff.
- We will give you counselling and advice as to what kind of scholarship you may be able to get.
- Then you select the schools you would like to apply to and we arrange tests for you. There may be a small fee for some of the tests (it depends on each school). You will also need to meet or have a Skype video interview with a representative of the school.
6. What happens when I get a scholarship offer?
When you receive a scholarship offer you will have a deadline for acceptance. When you want to confirm your acceptance you must pay a deposit to the school in order to keep your place.
7. Do you charge any fees for your service?
No, our services are free, but we do ask you to sign a contract with us when you confirm your acceptance, and to pay a small deposit which we refund when you have your visa.
8. Is there any disadvantage?
No- it’s a no brainer! You can’t lose.
BOARDING SCHOOLS OFFERING FROM 25%- TO 50% OF TUITION AND BOARDING FEES
- Chase Grammar School
- Rossall School
- Tettenhall College
- Padworth College
- The Royal Wolverhampton School
- Warminster School
- Monkton Combe school
- Queen Ethelburga’s
- Bournemouth Collegiate School
- Westbourne School
- Lime House School
INDEPENDENT COLLEGES OFFERING UP TO 50% OF TUITION FEES
- Abbey DLD Colleges – Cambridge, London, Birmingham
- Cardiff Sixth Form College
- Kings Colleges – London, Brighton, Bournemouth
- Astrum Education – Chelsea Independent College, Duff Miller College, Lansdowne College
- CATS Colleges – London, Cambridge, Canterbury
- INTO A Levels – Newton
- Ashbourne Independent Sixth Form College London
- Oxford Tutorial College
- Ealing Independent College London
STATE COLLEGES OFFERING UP TO 50% OF TUITION FEES
- John Leggott College
- Wakefield College
- Brockenhurst College
- Llandrillo Menai College
- Westminster Kingsway College
- Hartpury College
- Sussex Downs College
- Registration for the Scheme is FREE
- Apply for as many schools as you like
- Testing and interviews FREE
- Get 3 million VND towards your visa
- Get 25% discount on airfares plus extra baggage (46kg) with our quality partner, Etihad Airways