ON-THE-SPOT SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEWS FOR AMERIGO’S TOP US BOARDING SCHOOLS, WORTH UP TO $30,000
In 2 days 14 & 15 July 2017, HCMC students are going to have an opportunity to meet and be interviewed by Mr. Scott Spragg, the Amerigo Vice- President for Global Enrolment. The scholarships are worth up to $30,000USD (50% of tuition and accommodation fees).
There will be 2 sessions and students can choose the time slot that suits them best:
Friday July 14th 2017
Saturday July 15th 2017
Please note: students need to bring their most recent school transcripts (both original and translated versions), IELTS/ TOEFL report (if any) and certificates/ awards (optional). If students don’t have IELTS/ TOEFL, they can do the alternative English test provided by Amerigo.
Students need to register for an interview in advance. Please REGISTER HERE for venue details.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: Thursday, 13/07/2017
Free service for students applying to study with Amerigo this September through The Education Company
Amerigo offers international students high quality boarding programs at leading US high schools (“Blue Ribbon” schools) to help them discover their passions and develop into well-rounded global citizens., as well as to provide structured support for entering US Universities. Amerigo currently operates on 3 campuses in the US, expanding to 5 in 2018.
1. Amerigo Chicago
2. Amerigo Lexington
3. Amerigo Maryland
4. Amerigo Philadelphia
5. Amerigo San Francisco
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF AMERIGO SCHOOLS
• All are existing, academically successful American high schools
• Exciting, dynamic cities in rich cultural environments
• Excellent academic, sport, leisure, arts facilities on safe, friendly campuses
• Max. 15% international students at each school
• Brand new state of the art boarding facilities for international students
• Personal mentor program for each student
• Special English, social and academic programs to support international students
• Focus on preparing university applications and developing key skills/personal qualities
• Amerigo Promise: network of partner universities accept Amerigo students directly (no need for SAT or ACT)
• US High School grades 9,10,11,12
• Up to 40 AP programs available
• English language support program with IELTS or TOEFL
• SAT preparation (if required for university)
• Community Service Projects
• Personal mentoring program – tutor monitors all aspects of student progress- academic, social, personal.
• Cultural immersion- introduction to US culture
WHO IS IT FOR?
• International students aged 14+
• Motivated, ambitious students
• Students seeking entry to top US Universities
• Students seeking a high quality American education
2.5 GPA or higher
TOEFL iBT | 59 or higher
IELTS | 5.0 or higher
(Take Amerigo English test for conditional offer)
Teacher Letters of Recommendation
1 English, 1 Math
Skype – language/character assessment
• $60,000 per year all tuition and accommodation per academic year
• $5,000 supplement for international student welfare program- (airport pickup, welcome and orientation, laptop……)
SCHOLARSHIPS – based on $60,000 full tuition and accommodation fee.
Eligible programmes – Grade 9-12 at Amerigo Chicago, Amerigo Lexington and Amerigo Maryland for September 2017.
1. 50% scholarship ($30,000) GPA of 3.5 and a 5.5 IELTS or 70 TOEFL ibt
2. 40% scholarship ($24,000): GPA of 3.0 GPA and a 5.5 IELTS or 70 TOEFL ibt
3. 30% scholarship ($20,000): GPA of 2.7 GPA and a 5.5 IELTS or 70 TOEFL ibt
NOTE: Students can take the Amerigo English test if the IELTS or TOEFL test has not been taken.
Scholarships are based on the full student profile – academic record, English level, interview.
The Education Company:
• TP.HCM: (08) 2210 2126 – 3rd floor, Qunimex Building, 28 Nguyen Thi Dieu, Ward 6, District 3
• HÀ NỘI: (04) 3766 4523 – 5th floor, DC Building, 144 Doi Can, Ba Dinh